Saturday 2 May 2015

April Favourites! From bedding to TV shows..

 
Its time to get together the things I have loved this April! Everything from what I have been watching, buying, reading, and wearing!

 

Primark Backpack

Starting with this Primark backpack, I never thought I would really be a backpack gal until I saw this one.

Now the thing is, with Primark, If you are going to try out a new style and leap into a trend you never thought you’d leap in to, then Primark is the place to go. Instead of buying a £60+ real leather backpack, because it happens to be in trend (but makes you feel like a 12 year old going to school) your paying £15 MAX in Primark, allowing yourself to experiment without going bankrupt!

I experimented and loved it AND I do not plan to swap my cheapo for anything longer lasting any time soon! I have honestly used this bag every day since I got it, and every day since I bought it, it has carried my mac book pro 13inch, to and from work (and we all know how heavy a steel laptop is!). Having carried makeup, books, and everything you need on a daily basis and quite frankly, it is doing bloody well for £10! Whilst we are praising this lovely great sized, sturdy bag, I love plain accessories that you can just grab and go. I love the metal detailing on the flap and well I just love it! (Can you tell?)



Ray-Ban Clubmaster

OK so these beautiful sunglasses wont be anything new to some of you out there BUT to me, they are the first symbol of farther daughter trust! This is a huge deal, because at 25 my farther finally has trust and believes in me to have something nice that I wont loose or break. (Another reason I shop in Primark)

Having bought countless pairs of fake ray bans in my time, all of which different styles, it took me a while to make the decision between the small framed aviators or the clubmaster’s. In the end, my mother told me I looked like a droopy sad dog with aviators on… (I just wanted to be Tom Cruise in TopGun)

The clubmaster’s it was! I got the 49mm frame, gold, and tortoise shell.




 

Glamour May 2015

Having not bought a magazine in a while, I was pleasantly surprised when my mum came home with the new amazing smelling Glamour hot off the press, one Saturday morning, I was even more pleasantly surprised with Anna Kendrick on the front!

I love Glamour anyway; it has always been my go to magazine since I can remember, filled with everything you need to know! Therefore, I really enjoyed the interview with Anna Kendrick, I loved the layout, ‘number of reasons to love AK’, and I really enjoyed reading the casual banter and quirk that is Anna, feeling as though I was in the room having great fun too! Highlighted (and shown below) was my favorite quote of the piece (mainly because it is 100% me with my friends) and I would say if you have not read it, well then you need to!

 
 


Kiehl’s – Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit

There really is not much to write about this aromatic mist, It was given as a present and initially something I probably would not buy for myself as I don’t splurge on perfume’s or skin care treats, however I love this. Perfect for spring, so fresh and light with a tinge of sweetness. A great gift, a new go to scent.






Simple – Micellar cleansing water

I have never used cleanser or toner, I am very lazy, and use baby wipes only to take my makeup off. That is until I bought this!

As you can see from the bottle in the picture, there is nothing left, this ‘water’ takes everything off and I mean EVERYTHING, and it still just feels like water. I would honestly drink it if I were stuck in the Sahara a desert…

I also use this when I wake up in the morning or when I am having a no make up day, just to refresh my skin and feel alive again. I honestly do not know how I have ever lived without it.

 

 

Primark – Bedding

I know I keep saying ‘I love’ a lot but this Is my April favorites and I LOVE this bedding! I am I back in Byron Bay on Australia’s east coast?! I sure feel like I am! A double-sided double duvet with TWO pillows for £11, I am sorry but why would I shop anywhere else? I will be doing an extra special bedroom tour/post with this bedding!


 


L’Oreal lip liner and lipstick

OK, I am not jumping on the bandwagon here; Kylie Jenner can keep her nude big lips. I am talking natural here ladies, Au Naturel.

I have big lips, not huge but not small either, some would say blessed some would not. Because I have a fuller lip I have never liked bright colour’s on me, the brighter the colour the bigger the lip and I just feel self conscious that my bright red lipstick is all anyone can see on my face! (That and it is probably all over my teeth!)

I literally never buy lipstick or lip liner for this reason but when I came across these two it was worth a try! Again buying a cheaper product to test out my ‘leap’ before I go and buy a MAC lipstick.

The lipstick is matte, which I prefer (if you keep your lips exfoliated) and it gives me just the right amount of colour. I do not look washed out anymore from my yellow toned/half tanned skin yet I do not feel as though my lips are huge!

The Lip liner, may I add my first ever bought lip liner at 25, is a tone darker than my natural lip colour. I have literally worn this EVERYDAY, every single day since I bought it. I either colour my whole lip in or I line my lips strongly (not going five millimeters from my actual lip line..) then softly lining them again on the inside of the first outline. I simply blend with my finger until my desired look (which is a prominent outline without looking like I have anything on) and I then add a tiny bit of Vaseline or sometimes nothing and actually without knowing I have created a ombre lip!
 

 
 

The Royals

If you want a real binge TV show that you can eat Easter eggs too and feel remotely cool then this is the show for you! (Yes I still have Easter eggs…)

Prince Liam played by William Moseley, aka Pete Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia, is a total dream and his twin sister Princess Eleanor played by Alexandra Park from Home and Away plays a complicated misunderstood princess with a real heart. There is love, drama, posh accents, a palace, a twisted look at the British monarchy and our government, private planes, hot body guards, fashion shows and Joan Collins as the queens mother! Amazinggggg…



 

Thank you for reading my April favorites let me know if you buy, read or watch any of suggestions!

Elle x


No comments:

Post a Comment