Friday 22 May 2015

Try before you buy featuring NARS and MAC

OK, so I can't pretend that I am the ultimate beauty blogger, or that I am even a beauty blogger at all, however I know what I like and what works for me and after all those are the main two reasons why you should ever invest in expensive makeup or skin care!



We read, we tweet, we hashtag and we like all things beauty and fashion on an array of social media, but do we buy allllll of the beautiful things bloggers advise us to? No. Not that we don't want to of course, it would be impossible to have the make up or fashion collections that they have unless we were all millionaires of course with an amazing walk in wardrobe!

Anyway my point is, paying for all these beauty products can be very expensive so why would you not try before you buy? 

A friend of my mothers once told her that she never pays for foundation, she said she has a collection of foundations and reeled of name after name of the top worldly makeup brands. Dumbfounded and of course intrigued my mum asked more questions. This very respectable woman on every little shopping trip would nip into Debenhams, John Lewis and other beauty halls or shops and repeat the same little rehearsed script.

She would go to every stand and ask if she could have a sample of this foundation or that foundation - she has very sensitive skin and would need to test this product at home when she has nothing planned before she spends £30+ on the foundation. The beauty assistant would eagerly assist her and hand over a skin tone match of foundation! A tester size of around 4ml that could last you around a month depending on how much you wear of course!




Whilst I have a conscience (some would call me stupid) I could not bare face lie to all those innocent sales advisers and just walk around with a load of free 4ml foundation samples. HOWEVER I do think that if you are a genuine beauty guru and want to spend your money on the newest NARS foundation, why should you not test before you buy?

I went to Beauty Bazaar - Harvey Nichols in Liverpool and I asked the girls behind the counter at NARS and MAC if I could have a sample of the 'Studio Fix' foundation and the 'All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation'. They assisted me kindly, matched my skin tone and I was given a 4ml tester of each, that was two weeks ago and having used the NARS foundation in particular everyday I still have at least half left and a full tub of MAC Studio Fix. I would also like to add I could not resist buying the NARS 'Laguna bronzing powder' whilst on my shopping trip which is the best bronzing powder EVER and completely worth every penny!






I personally won't be going to get more samples, as I do not need to. I had every intention of spending my money on MAC Studio Fix, however after all the beauty hype I decided to try the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, and through testing my samples , I've found my absolute perfect foundation match, as soon as my tester is running out I will 100% pay for the full price bottle. 

I used to wear Estee Lauder, 'Double wear' foundation, which over time just felt too thick on my skin, especially whilst traveling Australia and Africa with the heat. This NARS foundation has 100x better coverage than the MAC Studio Fix but genuinely feels as light as tinted moisturiser, I would highly recommend it!





Anyway back to the point! Seriously if you are thinking about mixing up your makeup routine, especially as summer is approaching or winter wherever you are in the world, ask for samples before you buy and really test that makeup out! Wear it on a full makeup day, on a not so much make up day, a gym day, a work day, or any other day for that matter and find your perfect match before you spend! Overall NARS is a winner all around for me, so I leave you to test and find what is right for you!

Thanks for reading and let me know if you have done this before or do this all the time?! I would love to know :), over and out for now...

Elle xxxx        

No comments:

Post a Comment