Sunday 10 May 2015

Bloom and Wild

 
On this dreary Saturday morning, the postman knocked at around 9:30am, passing a parcel through the door with a huge grin on his face.

This is our second subscription box from Bloom & Wild, I say ‘our’, however I actually mean for my mum.

I heard about Bloom and Wild through a fellow blogger and at the time, I thought what a lovely idea, although as a monthly subscription of £15 it was a little expensive. You can just go to Tesco and buy yourself or your mum some flowers for £5 if you really wanted to… If you remembered of course.

I will be honest I was panicking last minute for my mum’s birthday present until I remembered Bloom & Wild. I decided to do a quick research on them, what the deal was with the monthly subscription, was it different flowers every month, could you choose the flowers etc. etc. I will be honest, I am a real sucker for a beautiful website and marketing of products. I fall for the tricks and word play that I have used myself in my career, I just cant help it, I’m not gullible, just a tad naïve (singing the Kooks ‘naïve’ to myself now…), I like to think the best of everybody and everything. I am just an optimistic person. 



 
Anyway that’s me making excuses for the fact that not only am I currently working as a unpaid intern I signed up to pay £15 a month within seconds of looking through the Bloom & Wild website… Stupid I know, however the joy and quality of the flowers received is totally worth it! I should mention, you could pause your subscription whenever you want to! Yes, stop and start your monthly subscription. You simply cannot afford it this month? Fine, pause it! Fantastic for people like me with a low income!

The first bunch of flowers arrived on a much sunnier Saturday the11th of April, the day after my mum’s birthday. She did not know they were coming and opened the box before reading the card with caring instructions for the flowers but more importantly the little note I had written to go with them, a little personal touch idea given at the online checkout. I played along VERY excited myself to see if it was worth it and it SO was. The long box, shaped perfectly to fit through your letterbox, (we do not have a letterbox… told you I don’t think things through).

Inside the flowers are wrapped with spotted transparent cellophane, tied with a piece of gold ribbon. Each pale pink rose was surrounded with a white elasticated netting, keeping every rose perfectly formed and protected. A gift.
  


The roses lasted three and a half weeks, with the proper care of course. Proving that you get what you pay for, not only is the packaging beautiful and special the quality of flowers is outstanding. I would recommend anybody to subscribe to Bloom & Wild, cheer yourself up or someone you love instantly. Not to mention adding a little something extra to your home. A real treat!!


 
  
Taking you back to present day, the second box arrived this morning, this time my mum knew what it was and beamed with excitement walking into the living room! I also jumped up like it was Christmas morning, which led me to say ‘our’ box earlier… Wrapped the same, just like a gift, this morning’s flowers are a bouquet mix, designed especially to celebrate the birth of our newest member of the Royal Family, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Windsor of Cambridge. 




   

Both of us genuinely forgot to expect this package, a great start to the weekend. I now believe that the £15 monthly subscription is not too bad, the quality of the flowers, the packaging, the delivery all included in that one £15 is great value for money. You do not have to remember to buy them, they come wrapped like a gift a delivery straight to your chosen person’s door. I would pay much more in any florist for this service and no matter what I will be putting money aside for this every month. An awesome start to the weekend I’d say!
 

 

Another successful last minute decision, cant wait for next months box!!

Have a great weekend,

Elle xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment